Code of conduct:
I / we the undersigned agree to abide by the Code of Conduct of the Melbourne Wedding Group including abiding by the following:
- Maintain a high standard of service in professional conduct and practice at all times.
- Respect the importance of the marriage ceremony and wedding day to the couple and their guests.
- Ensure that personal presentation is of an appropriate standard and respect the expectations of the client in relation to their wedding day.
- Arrive at the arranged venue no later than the time agreed with the client on the day of the event.
- Show respect for fellow members as professionals.
- Provide information to clients regarding the members professional services both verbally and electronically including access by phone and email as well as having a website.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in the wedding industry.
- Have a current and up to date website.
- If your category is currently full, your application will be place on our waiting list until next intake.
- Confirm and check your two references from the MWG
- Accept that advertising is to be agreed upon by the majority vote of the committee and respect those decisions.
- To use MWG as a resource for Melbourne weddings and to market the Melbourne area as a premier wedding location.
- Work together and promote one another for the benefit of the client.
- Strive to develop the professionalism of your own service whilst educating one another of the services offered by each member.
- Business dealings and appointment commitments are to be honoured, legal and transparent when dealing with clients and other professionals.
- With the exception of meeting corporate reporting requirements, information and discussion relating to the groups business, affairs, customers, clients, members and plans must be considered confidential and are not to be disclosed outside the group.
- In the failure to follow the requirements of the MWG and code of conduct, the leadership team will contact you and action will be taken accordingly with possible exclusion to the group. Within reason.
- All leadership decisions will be made for the benefit of the whole group not just one or two individual businesses.